Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CustomPurseParty-com CustomPurseParty-com is offline

Default How do I remove returns from each line in word?

How do I remove returns from each line in word so I can convert my doc into a
text file to import it in ACT or Excel? I need to remove returns from all
lines and can't figure it out.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The return, usually a paragraph mark, can be found using Find/Replace by
using ^p in the Find field.

I'm trying to visualize what you're doing, and it's hard to imagine why
you'd want to delete _all_ of the returns. That would leave you without any
record separators. But, assuming that's what you want to do, ^p will do it.

Note: if your file uses line breaks instead of paragrah marks, you would
match those using ^l or ^11.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"CustomPurseParty-com"
wrote in message ...
How do I remove returns from each line in word so I can convert my doc
into a
text file to import it in ACT or Excel? I need to remove returns from all
lines and can't figure it out.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.