Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie Julie is offline

Default How do I unlock a selection? It won't let me type?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It depends on why it's locked. More clues might enable us to diagnose
without guessing.

It would help to know which version of Word you're using, for example.

One possibility--selected the "locked" section of text, choose Developer -
Group - Ungroup.

Another: choose Developer - Protect Document, and remove the check next to
Restricted Access.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

how can i unlock a new document so I may type? Michelle05 Microsoft Word Help 20 January 16th 10 09:05 PM
UNLOCK A SELECTION rcharris922 Microsoft Word Help 10 January 24th 09 11:51 AM
How to unlock selection MM New Users 10 April 4th 08 09:18 AM
how do i unlock my microsoft selection? chantelle New Users 2 September 26th 07 11:57 PM
how to unlock my word so i can type guero 559 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 06 01:39 AM