ckcmonkey ckcmonkey is offline
Junior Member

Default Highlight the corresponding row of a hyperlink?

Hi,

I am trying to create an FAQ section where a user can click on the relevant topic, and the hyperlink would bring him to the corresponding entry in a table below w/ all the info. Is there a way to also highlight that entry when you click on the topic? To illustrate, when one clicks on Advertising under FAQ, the hyperlink will take her to the table entry marked "Advertising" and highlighted in yellow or bold the border or font or something to make it stand out from the massive table that I have...

Thanks!
CKC

FAQ SECTION
----------------------------
+Advertising
+Blackberry
+Desktop accessories
-----------------------------

Table
Advertising xxx yyy zzz
Blackberry 111 222 333
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Creating a table of contents would seem the easiest way to get the
hyperlinks in place (because TOCs are hyperlinked by default in Word).

The second part of your question is more difficult. But is it necessary to
make the target stand out? When clicking a hyperlink, the insertion point
moves to the linked item. Doesn't that work for you?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ckcmonkey" wrote in message ...

[...]

Thanks Stefan. It is preferred to somehow make the target stand out, because the table contains hundreds of entries, so even though the hyperlink takes the user to the desired spot, there would still be, say, ten entries on the screen, which is hard to make out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"ckcmonkey" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I see your point. I believe you need a macro to accomplish this, so you had
better ask in a VBA forum.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ckcmonkey" wrote in message ...

Thanks Stefan. It is preferred to somehow make the target stand out,
because the table contains hundreds of entries, so even though the
hyperlink takes the user to the desired spot, there would still be, say,
ten entries on the screen, which is hard to make out...

;492005']Creating a table of contents would seem the easiest way to get