Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trojangirl55 trojangirl55 is offline

Default Stop Highlighting & formatting one word changing entire page??

I can't seem to stop this problem. When using Word I will have a page of
what I wrote. I will highlight a word or sentence and attempt to format but
it changes the entire page including the unselected text. I have reinstalled
at least 3 times and the problem will not go away. When I hit the undo
button, all the unselected text goes back to the way it was and just the
highlighted protion remains as I wanted.

Has anyone else had this problem or been able to fix it?? It is extremely
frustrating when I write papers for school.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like the style being used is set to Automatically Update. See if
this describes your problem and the solution:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible