Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
weim10 weim10 is offline

Default Page numbers using X of Y adds a number to Y

I have a document that when I print page number using "page x of y",
y will change to one number higher for the total count.
Meaning that Page 2 of 2 changed to Page 2 of 3 (et al). I am using Word
2003 with the current patches.
--but here's the real pain: it doesn't happen all of the time and it always
looks fine on the screen and in print preview

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Posting the same question every hour and half *reduces* the likelihood that
you'll get an answer.

"weim10" wrote in message
I have a document that when I print page number using "page x of y",
y will change to one number higher for the total count.
Meaning that Page 2 of 2 changed to Page 2 of 3 (et al). I am using Word
2003 with the current patches.
--but here's the real pain: it doesn't happen all of the time and it
always
looks fine on the screen and in print preview

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
weim10 weim10 is offline

I apologize. I didn 't mean to appear impatient. I just realized, upon going
back and rereading my original posting, that it may not have been that clear
since I didn't mention "Page Numbers". I attempted to delete my original
message and couldn't figure out how. Again, I apologize...

"weim10" wrote in message
I have a document that when I print page number using "page x of y",
y will change to one number higher for the total count.
Meaning that Page 2 of 2 changed to Page 2 of 3 (et al). I am using Word
2003 with the current patches.
--but here's the real pain: it doesn't happen all of the time and it
always
looks fine on the screen and in print preview

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
weim10 weim10 is offline

No extra pages print and the status bar reports that only the correct number
of pages are printing. And its an intermitent problem--which makes it that
much more frustating. Otherwise, I would just write a Page X of Y -1 line.

"weim10" wrote in message
I have a document that when I print page number using "page x of y",
y will change to one number higher for the total count.
Meaning that Page 2 of 2 changed to Page 2 of 3 (et al). I am using Word
2003 with the current patches.
--but here's the real pain: it doesn't happen all of the time and it

always
looks fine on the screen and in print preview

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I wasn't asking how many pages the status bar says are printing but how many
pages the status bar claims are in the document (in the "Page x Sec x
x/x" part). But it does sound like a variant of the Page X of Y problem. Do
you have the same problem if you reverse the print order?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does an extra page print? How many total pages does the status bar

report?
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"weim10" wrote in message
I have a document that when I print page number using "page x of y",
y will change to one number higher for the total count.
Meaning that Page 2 of 2 changed to Page 2 of 3 (et al). I am using

Word
2003 with the current patches.
--but here's the real pain: it doesn't happen all of the time and it

always
looks fine on the screen and in print preview

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
weim10 weim10 is offline

No. The reverse print seems to solve the problem--but I was trying to avoid
it due to the fact that the template is going on a network and there are a
lot of users that aren't very computer savy. But its looking as if they will
have to learn the simple Tools + Options + Print modification--unless you
have a good suggestions...?