Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ARM ARM is offline

Default Drag & drop text from other application

Hi,

I`m writing an app that need to drag&drop a plain text (it`s actually the
html text but converted to plain) into MS Word (2007 for now). Also, user
should be able to drop text to a html editor. So on drag&drop I`ve
registered two d&d formats (html and plain text) in the d&d clipboard. I can
drop the text into a html editor but Word doesn`t recognize my plain text
and do nothing when I drop the text. If I register only the plain text then
all fine.
That`s how I register d&d formats (C#):
dragContent.SetText(html text, TextDataFormat.Html);
dragContent.SetText(plain text, TextDataFormat.Text);
where dragContent is a DataObject instance.

So my question: what to do to be able to drop text into Word from an other
app?