Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default TOC formats

I have heading 1 and heading 2 in my document. When I inserted the TOC, I saw the default format - heading 1 left aligned and then heading 2 indented, and page nos. right aligned. Everything looked fine. Then I changed the document a bit, pressed F9. Still working fine. Then I changed the document some more and might have checked out the TOC *field* but made NO changes. At this point, I deleted the TOC by selecting it and pressing the delete button. Then, I tried to insert TOC again. This time I didn't get the default format as mentioned above. Heading 1 was centred and page number was right beside the heading instead of right aligned. Beside formats, it said "from template." As far as I am concerned, I had not done anything to change the format. What is happening here? How can I change back to the default? "Formal" is the closest to the default but I really want to have the default. Why isn't the default format one of the choices?

I had not saved the above document yet. Then, I used a blank new document and clicked on the TOC tab, I still got the default format and beside format it said from template. For the problem TOC, it also said from template, but the format was different. I thought it was one template for all documents? I am confused. Please help me sort this out.

Thank you.

Epinn