GMLutz

Default Simple (I think) line or underline question

From:, etc., and then I want to draw a simple horizontal line under the
heading to separate it from the body of the memo. I want the line to
stretch margin to margin. However, I run the macro on pages with
varying margins, so my question is...

How do I generate a line from the left margin to the right margin,
regardless of the distance between the margins?

Much obliged.

George Lutz

Pat Garard

G'Day George,

If you have never tried it, try now (in a blank document)
typing (in threes):
---Enter
___Enter
===Enter
~~~Enter
###Enter
***Enter

The "Lines" that are generated are paragraph (bottom)
borders, related to the Enter (paragraph mark) that
you type.

They will be as 'long' as the paragraph is wide - usually
from margin to margin.

Note, however, that they are affected by Left/Right Indents
where present.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

oups.com...

You may like Pat's answer, but the real answer is that you shouldn't need a
macro to create a memo form. This is what templates are for. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

oups.com...