Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I find and delete .temp files?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:38:01 -0800, bbast
wrote:

When I save an attached file from e-mail it goes to a temporary file before I
"save as". I have been told to delete these files to speed up my computer.
How can I find them. I was told to go to Task Manager, but can't find that
either!

You may or may not have temporary files left over. Word usually deletes them
automatically when you close the document and/or the program. The most frequent
cause of temp files being left behind is a program crash, when Word doesn't get
the chance to delete them.

The article http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm explains how
to delete temporary files.

Task Manager has nothing at all to do with temporary files. If you want to look
at it, though, you can either right-click the Windows taskbar and choose "Task
Manager" from the popup menu, or press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click the Task
Manager button in the dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman