Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Forms

You lock the form when you have finished inserting fields and before you
begin to insert the data.
Tab out of the last cell to add another row to the table (before locking the
form) or use table insert rows below.

Christine wrote:
I'm trying! Here's a couple of other questions as I try to build
this: When do you lock the form? When you are finished or at the end
of each field that is inserted? Also, when making the table, I can
make it 4 rows long. How can I add to that table with rows and have
it be flowing? I've tried adding another table, hoping it will
"attach" to the table above it, but it is below with a blank white
space before it starts. Any solutions? Thank you for your help!

"Christine" wrote:

Spent a lot of time with no success trying to make a form. I
started with a table and then tried to put the "grey" box in it so
others could type. However, I could not get the typing to stop
moving the next box of the table. Can anyone direct me to the
basics of making a form so that a person can enter a name, date,
title, possibly a couple of boxes to check and then, below that part
of the form, an area where there can be typing on the left side, but
on the right side, a person could fill in up to 6 lines of
information without having that fill-in typing move or distort the
form? Is starting with a table the best way? How can a table have
3 cells in the first row, 2 cells in the second row, 6 cells in the
third row, etc. etc.---in other words, not be identical in size, row
after row? Thank you for your help---this has been a challenge to
me!!!