Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Athena Athena is offline

Default How to frefer to a figur/table caption in text?

Hello,

I have some figure and table captions in a Word 2007 document. They
are inserted by using figure/table caption insert. How can I refer then in
the body of text so that if the captions change, the referrals will be
updated as well? Thank you.

Athena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

With the cursor at the point where you want the reference in the text,
just click the Cross-reference button (in the References ribbon, right
next to the Insert Caption button that you should already have used).
In the dialog, choose Figure or Table in the left-hand dropdown and
select the caption you want to refer to. You also have a choice of
what the reference should contain, such as "label and number".

If the caption numbers change, the cross-references will need to be
updated. The easy way is to go to Print Preview and back (assuming the
option to update fields on printing is enabled). Or you can select all
the text and press F9.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman