Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oerjan Oerjan is offline

Default delete auto correc

Hi,

(I hope this hasn´t been asked too recently or too often. If so, pls
point me in the right direction.)

I would like to delete all auto correct and auto text entries in one
go.

I´ve tried to follow a tip from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...utocorrect.htm
which says:
"If you have trouble finding the folder in which the acl file is
stored, add an AutoCorrect entry in Word, and then search your hard
disk for *.acl files modified in the last day".

But I do not succeed to find any recently changed acl file.

I´m using Word 2003.

TIA
Örjan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you're running Windows XP, the folder where the *.acl file is stored is
likely hidden. You must explicitly choose to search hidden and system
folders in order to find it.

"Oerjan" wrote in message
Hi,

(I hope this hasn´t been asked too recently or too often. If so, pls
point me in the right direction.)

I would like to delete all auto correct and auto text entries in one
go.

I´ve tried to follow a tip from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...utocorrect.htm
which says:
"If you have trouble finding the folder in which the acl file is
stored, add an AutoCorrect entry in Word, and then search your hard
disk for *.acl files modified in the last day".

But I do not succeed to find any recently changed acl file.

I´m using Word 2003.

TIA
Örjan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oerjan Oerjan is offline

Hi Suzanne,

There were awfully many acl-files to be deleted to prevent the system
from reconstituting the list, but now it´s done.

Thanks.

BR,
Örjan

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:40:05 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

If you're running Windows XP, the folder where the *.acl file is stored is
likely hidden. You must explicitly choose to search hidden and system
folders in order to find it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There's one for each language. You need delete only the one for the language
you're using (1033 is English, for example).

wrote:

If you're running Windows XP, the folder where the *.acl file is stored is
likely hidden. You must explicitly choose to search hidden and system
folders in order to find it.

How do you CHANGE THE COLOR of the WAVY lines Green/Red for correc Donam New Users 1 December 10th 07 07:23 AM
how do I auto delete? Bakuryu Prince Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 07 02:37 AM
Items from drop down Table menu don't work anymore. Repost (correc BW Tables 1 September 22nd 06 10:53 PM
auto delete row if empty Alicia Tables 1 October 18th 05 11:20 PM
ASK and FILLIN fields in INCLUDETEXT documents do not merge correc ChrisM Mailmerge 3 April 12th 05 04:05 AM