Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jianjian jianjian is offline

Default mathtype6.5b makes Word 2007 start quite slowly.

Hi, Dear Friend. Can anyone here tell me how to solove the the problem as
follows.
When I use Word2007 ,I find it that Word will take almost 15 sec to open,
but when it opens, open other documents is fast. The same problem doesn't
happen in PowerPoint or Excel. Can anybody help me? Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

This isn't a problem we've seen before. In fact, there's no real
reason that MathType would be the cause of Word opening slowly. There
are several Word macros that are used to effect various MathType
features, but these aren't loaded when Word opens. They're loaded the
first time you use one of them after Word opens.

The best course of action is to contact our tech support department at
. When you write, state your problem as clearly and
in as much detail as you can. Also include your MathType product key
(i.e., registration number). If you don't know how to find the
MathType product key, we have instructions:
http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mathtype/findreg.htm

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training