Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charly Bananas Charly Bananas is offline

Default how can I move a whole building block libary to an other computer

We like to share in our organization a Building block libary. How can I move
an established building block liberary to an other computer or share it in a
network??

Any info is greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Charly Bananas wrote:
We like to share in our organization a Building block libary. How can
I move an established building block liberary to an other computer or
share it in a network??

Any info is greatly appreciated

Word will load building blocks stored in any and all templates that you
place in the folder

%appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks

If your library is stored in a file named Building Blocks.dotx, you can (in
Windows Explorer) rename that as something else, keeping the .dotx
extension, and copy it to another computer's Document Building Blocks
folder. Note that the %appdata% environment variable expands to the path for
the current profile; if the computer has multiple profiles, you'll need to
copy the file to each of them separately.

There is no provision for loading building blocks directly from a network
share. You can look into using a network login script to copy a template
from the share to the local folder, similar to the scheme described at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman