Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
edsager edsager is offline

Default Still no access to Outlook Contacts

Hello,

I have as my Outlook Address Book in Outlook 2002 the Contacts folder. I
have tried to insert these Contacts in Word 2002 using the envelopes & labels
section Of Word. However, when pressing the Insert Address button, the
Outlook Address Book shows, "No entries in this Address Book" and the
Contacts shows nothing for "Mailing," "Home" or "Other."

This was not an upgrade, but was a total install of Office XP.

How can I get my Contacts to be used in Word?

I have seen many different solutions online and none have worked.

Thank you,
edsager
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

1. Set Outlook as your default e-mail application, both from Outlook and
from Windows Control Panel Internet Options (they should give the same
result).

2. From Outlook, select the contacts list, right click and select
'properties' under Outlook Address Book, check 'show this folder as an
e-mail Address Book'.

3. If that doesn't kick it, again from Outlook tools e-mail accounts
view or change address books, delete Outlook Address Book. Close the dialog,
then go back in and add it again (this won't delete your contacts list).