MAB

Default Watermark Question

I have a basic 14 page document created in Word 2003 that has a simple
header/footer (date, page number) on all 14 pages.

When I insert a text watermark into the document, the header/footer
disappears from pages 4-13 (section three of the document), then appears
again on the last page (section 4).

Why would inserting a watermark cause a header/footer setting to be removed?
How can I get around/rectify this?

Thank you.
Daiya Mitchell

A watermark is actually a graphic anchored in the header or footer, and set
to a certain transparency. Even text watermarks are WordArt, not really
text. So creating a watermark in section 3 wiped out your existing header
for section 3.

Just View | Header/Footers, and reenter your text in section 3.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Daiya Mitchell

No clue.

It may have something to do with the header/footers being linked or not
linked?

Maybe dependent on where the cursor was when you created the watermark?

Just guessing.

The ways of Word are mysterious. There's some half-logic to the events you
see--maybe someone else will be able to fill in the rest of the picture.

On 5/12/05 7:36 AM, "MAB" wrote:

I have a basic 14 page document created in Word 2003 that has a simple
header/footer (date, page number) on all 14 pages.

When I insert a text watermark into the document, the header/footer
disappears from pages 4-13 (section three of the document), then appears
again on the last page (section 4).

Why would inserting a watermark cause a header/footer setting to be removed?
How can I get around/rectify this?

Thank you.

MAB

You confirmed what I thought it coud be: "Who knows!"

I agree, the ways of Word are mysterious.

I appreciate your time put in to answering my question.

Watermark Debi Microsoft Word Help 3 June 17th 05 04:19 PM
Watermark Trouble jrae Microsoft Word Help 0 May 11th 05 03:50 PM
Watermark Problem Gail Gurman Microsoft Word Help 0 April 7th 05 01:10 AM
How do I place watermark on single page of word document that has. Craig Microsoft Word Help 1 March 11th 05 07:52 PM
Can't Delete Watermark in Word 2003 Michael Leu Formatting Long Documents 3 January 6th 05 06:53 PM