Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginny Ginny is offline

Default my word docs won't copy to memory stick...

I have saved half my word documents to a USB flash drive, but the other half
won't copy. Error message reads: "cannot create this file." Yet the same
documents are fine being saved to my back up floppy and can print OK too. The
stick is brand new and appears to be working fine apart from this. Are these
files corrupted in some way? Or have I inadvertently put security settings on
them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Never ever read from, write to, or print from floppy with Word. These are
the most certain methods of ensuring document corruption.

Copy to and from the hard disc and work on the document from there.

This is equally relevant to other removable media such as CDRW and flash
drives