Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yourbrighteyes yourbrighteyes is offline

Default adjusting page numbers

I'm making a document. I don't want the cover page or the table of contents
numbered, and I want page 1 to start on the page after the table of contents.
I've managed to get this to work, however, my page numbers are in the format
of page 1 of 10. The 10 is including the cover page and the table of
contents. Is there a way to adjust this so the page numbers only include the
main portion of the document?
I've tried to manually adjust the 10 to read 8 (minus cover page and table
of contents), however, doing this means that if any more pages are added to
the body of the document still keep the number page 9 of 8 and so on, .
Any suggestions?
thanks!