Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sdkopin sdkopin is offline

Default update linked objects in word creates a carriage return/new line

I have objects in the narrative of a word document that are linked to an
excel spreadsheet. However, every time they update, they create a new line
for themselves. How do I get it to stop doing this so I don't have to
through the document every time and delete out the returns to keep the
paragraph looking like a paragraph?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello sdkopin

sdkopin wrote:
I have objects in the narrative of a word document that are linked to an
excel spreadsheet. However, every time they update, they create a new line
for themselves. How do I get it to stop doing this so I don't have to
through the document every time and delete out the returns to keep the
paragraph looking like a paragraph?

are you saying each time you update, you get one line *more* -- or
simply the line more that you deleted previously?

The latter case is pretty straight-forward: that line is part of the
object, and that's why you get it. No matter what you post-process, it
will be back. You can either try locking the field, or inserting the
object differently. Depends on how exactly you did import it.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

update linked objects mmaphq New Users 3 January 15th 07 01:35 AM
Search and replace hard-line-return character, not carriage return Tyler T Microsoft Word Help 2 August 16th 06 09:11 PM
Placing a carriage return at the end of every line. Wally Wombat Page Layout 4 July 9th 06 06:35 AM
Text form field (template) won't line feed, carriage return at mar apagano New Users 2 April 26th 06 06:33 PM
Linked excel objects do not update properly pixiecat Microsoft Word Help 7 February 12th 06 12:20 AM