Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DEEDEE DEEDEE is offline

Default font changes on inserted path & filename but not page number

A client of mine uses templates for a variety of documents he routinely
creates and saves, and part of their €śfiling & retrieving€ť process involves
the path and filename in the footer of each page.

The main body is font size 11 and the footer is 8. The footer contains the
path & filename on the left side and the page number on the right.

When he opens a new document using the template and saves and prints, the
path and filename field prints at 11 points while the page number stays at 8
points.

I have tested this innumerable times and I can't recreate it. It works fine
on my machine and on his assistant's system. Does anyone have any insight
into this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RGVlRGVl?=,

A client of mine uses templates for a variety of documents he routinely
creates and saves, and part of their €śfiling & retrieving€ť process involves
the path and filename in the footer of each page.

The main body is font size 11 and the footer is 8. The footer contains the
path & filename on the left side and the page number on the right.

When he opens a new document using the template and saves and prints, the
path and filename field prints at 11 points while the page number stays at 8
points.

I have tested this innumerable times and I can't recreate it. It works fine
on my machine and on his assistant's system. Does anyone have any insight
into this?

Ask your client to open such a document (or the template) then press Alt+F9. This
will toggle field codes ON. Is there a \* MergeFormat switch in the FileName field
(the one that's changing)? If the client puts a \* CharFormat switch at the end of
the field, does that settle things down?

You should also double check that the "Footer style" is applied to the entire
paragraph (that no stray direct formatting is creeping in).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)