Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tech1NJ tech1NJ is offline

Default Creating a Macro for CreateDate Field in Word 2000

Hello,
I want to create a Macro that will automatically execute the CREATEDATE
function upon opening a word.dot file. Is this possible and if so, how? Any
and all help is greatly appreciated.
--
tech1NJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello tech

tech1NJ wrote:
I want to create a Macro that will automatically execute the CREATEDATE
function upon opening a word.dot file. Is this possible and if so, how? Any
and all help is greatly appreciated.

could you explain what you mean by "execute the CREATEDATE function?"

CREATEDATE is a field, and if you insert that wherever you like in your
template, a new document based on it will automatically show that date
each time you create one.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tech1NJ tech1NJ is offline

Hi Robert,

In further looking at what I originally wanted to do, I was able to get it
to work. However, you did help me get back on track by reminding me that the
CREATEDATE is not a function but a field.

By the way, the key to my solution was that I needed to create a template
with all the data (including the CREATEDATE field), then save it as a
template not as a document. This way when a new document is required, you
will open the template which already contains all the date required including
the creation date. Thanks for all the help.
--
tech1NJ

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello tech