Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Northwest MS Community College Teacher Northwest MS Community College Teacher is offline

Default Autocorrect word list

I spelled "wreless" and the autocorrect corrected it to "wireless". I looked
in the autocorrect "Replace" list and "wreless" was not listed, nor was its
corresponding correct spelling "wireless" listed in the "With" list.

So my question is: (Within the Autocorrect dialog box) If a misspelled word
is not in the autocorrect "Replace" list and its correct spelling is not in
the "With" list, how does Word know what to autocorrect ( or replace) the
misspelled word with?