~D~

Default 2 Table of Contents (WordXP)

How can I create 2 TOC's in one document. I want to be able to update one at
a time..not update them both at the same time.

Thank you.

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:25:02 -0500, "~D~"
wrote:

How can I create 2 TOC's in one document. I want to be able to update one at
a time..not update them both at the same time.

Thank you.

You're going to need "switches" in the TOC fields. Which ones you use
depend on what effect you're trying to achieve. The Help topic "Field
codes: TOC (Table of Contents) field" has the necessary information,
though it might be a bit difficult to understand. The article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...OCSwitches.htm will also be
helpful.

If each TOC is supposed to cover a different portion of the document
-- for example, one for the main body and one for the appendices --
then you need to insert a bookmark covering each portion, and use the
\b switch in the TOC fields to specify which bookmark to include.

If both TOCs cover the whole document, but some headings go into one
TOC while others go into the other TOC, then you need to use the \f
switch. You also need to insert TC fields in the headings, using the
same identifiers, and remove any \o switches that would cause headings
to be included because of their styles.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman