Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
larwenn larwenn is offline

Default Paragraph indent marker increments

Word 2003 - When I use the paragraph markers in the Ruler (eg, to indent),
they increment by "weird" amounts (eg, 0.08 inch, then to 0.15 inch,
apparently in increments of 0.075 inch). I think I remember that they once
would increment by multiples of 0.125 inch, so if I wanted a 1/4" indent, I
would move the marker to the second vertical-line increment. Instead of
getting 0.25 inch, I get 0.23 inch (0.225 inch?). I then have to go to
Format/Paragraph and change it manually to 0.025 inch. I do a lot a writing,
so this can get ugly. Other values present similar problems. So either I
remember wrong or something must have changed somewhere in Word. I've
searched in PC and online Help for how to adjust this increment setting, but
find no answer. Does anyone know how? Thanx.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The tab increments on the ruler are determined by the grid spacing.
Display the Drawing toolbar. Click the Draw button at the left end and
choose Grid from the menu. Set the horizontal spacing to 0.125" and
click OK. If you display the Grid dialog again, it will round the
setting to 0.13".

It would be better to modify the paragraphs' style -- or make a new
style -- that includes an exact 0.25" indent. For speed, you can
assign a keyboard shortcut to the style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman