Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles arnett charles arnett is offline

Default Restart after in outlines

I am using Word 2007. I went to a link and got very good information if
only I could follow it. How and where do I "Tick the box that says Restart
Numbering After, and ensure it's set to the correct level. So restart Level
2 after Level 1, for example. If you don't do this, your numbering will look
like the text in Figure 1." My question is how do I find the box that says
"Restart Numbering After"? That seems like exactly what I want to do if
only I could find that illusive box.
charles arnett

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Presumably farther up in that Help screen it told you how to find the
"Define New Multilevel List" panel, so you'll need to back up a bit
and follow the instructions from the beginning.

There are lots of complications with such things, for instance do you
already have a numbered list in your document, or are you starting a
new one, are you using the built-in headings like Heading 1 or making
new ones, etc.

On Dec 25, 10:02*am, "charles arnett" wrote:
I am using Word 2007. *I went to a link and got very good information if
only I could follow it. *How and where do I "Tick the box that says Restart
Numbering After, and ensure it's set to the correct level. So restart Level
2 after Level 1, for example. If you don't do this, your numbering will look
like the text in Figure 1." * My question is how do I find the box that says
"Restart Numbering After"? *That seems like exactly what I want to do if
only I could find that illusive box.
charles arnett

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles arnett charles arnett is offline

Suzanne
I hope you don't get impatient with me. You have been a great help in many
areas. But I cannot find "Define New Multilevel List" dialog. I am using
Word 2007.
I have fond out to get Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect options |
AutoFormat as you type but cannot find More or the above list. I think the
link you supplied in previous post was for earlier versions of Word. I had
no problem in Word 2002 but am having a lot of trouble in Word 2007.
I probably won't be able to work on this until Saturday afternoon. I think
I would fix my problem if Only I could find the "Keep with next"
charles arnett

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The box is in the Define New Multilevel List dialog (see my reply in your

http://word.mvps.org

"charles arnett" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007. I went to a link and got very good information if
only I could follow it. How and where do I "Tick the box that says
Restart Numbering After, and ensure it's set to the correct level. So
restart Level 2 after Level 1, for example. If you don't do this, your
numbering will look like the text in Figure 1." My question is how do I
find the box that says "Restart Numbering After"? That seems like exactly
what I want to do if only I could find that illusive box.
charles arnett

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Paragraph section of the Home tab of the ribbon, click on the
Multilevel 1, a, i button and the second item from the bottom is "Define New
Multilevel List..."

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I explained in your other thread, "Keep With Next" is on the second
tab of the Format Paragraph (Ctril-M) panel.

Someone else explained that you can also set "Keep With Next" for an
entire style by going through the Modify Style process

Outlines Help wordspinster Page Layout 3 August 8th 06 06:40 AM
Two outlines in one wordspinster Page Layout 5 August 7th 06 08:47 AM
Outlines Hague2 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 20th 06 12:59 AM
outlines melnee12 New Users 1 July 17th 05 05:16 AM
outlines archie Microsoft Word Help 4 April 20th 05 03:48 PM