Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sasha sasha is offline

Default prob with inserting a word into previously written paragraph

Hi,
when i try to insert a word/letter into something i've previously written in
my word document, it deletes another word/letter in order to make room for
the new word/ letter.
It's really annoying me and i don't know how to stop it.
So if anyone can help me then please do.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You accidentally touched the "Insert" key, which on many keyboards is
adjacent to the Delete and Backspace keys. Touch it again.

Or double-click the black OVR ("overstrike") at the bottom.