Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nima Dan Nima Dan is offline

Default What is "broken text"

Rummaging through the Word toolbar I found "fix broken text" option under
Tools. What does this function do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Which version of Word? Where is the exact location of the command? Are there
any add-ins installed?

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nima Dan" Nima wrote in message
Rummaging through the Word toolbar I found "fix broken text" option under
Tools. What does this function do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 23:36:01 -0700, Nima Dan Nima
wrote:

Rummaging through the Word toolbar I found "fix broken text" option under
Tools. What does this function do?

It fixes a problem you'll probably never see. According to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260162, "When you open a Word document that was
created using an earlier Eastern European version of Microsoft Word, the text of
the document may appear as square boxes or other incorrect characters when you
open the document in the English (U.S.) version of Microsoft Word."

If you do have that problem, read Klaus Linke's reply at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4b6d2?lnk=raot

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman