Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
katedrew katedrew is offline

Default How to fill in form with diff. color font. without word changing c

I am filling in downloaded study outlines for a class I am taking. I find it
easier to study the material when the answers to the questions are filled in
using a different color than the existing question as well as a font which is
one size bigger.

Here are examples of what I am talking about -

1. Extracellular matrix of bone tissue includes

2. The salts account for by weight.

The forms are set up so that each time you go to a new question, your cursor
begins right on the last character of the next question. This changes my
formatting back to the default font of the form (black, for example, instead
of the red I used to answer the previous question). I have to go back and
change the font color for each and every answer which is becoming very
tedious.

If I use the tool to make the documents default font the color and size I am
working with - word automatically changes the chapter outline question to
that color and size as well - which does not solve my differentiation problem
either.

Is there a way to "lock" the form I download in its default black format so
I can freely stick with whatever colors I want to use to answer the
questions?

Thank you for your input - hopefully this made sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Short of redesigning the form, one method that may work for you would be to
simply complete the form then run the following macro which will colour the
form fields red and increase the font size by 1 point. Each subsequent time
you run the macro on the same form, the point size will be incremented by 1
point.

Sub RecolourFormFields()
Dim bProtected As Boolean
Dim oFld As FormFields
Dim i As Long
Dim sPassword As String

sPassword = "" 'Insert the password (if any), used to protect the form
between the quotes
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
bProtected = True
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=sPassword
End If
Set oFld = ActiveDocument.FormFields
For i = 1 To oFld.Count
With oFld(i).Range.Font
.Color = wdColorRed
.Size = .Size + 1
End With
Next
'Re-protect the form and apply the password (if any).
If bProtected = True Then
ActiveDocument.Protect _
Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True, Password:=sPassword
End If
End Sub