Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Doug is offline

Default Headings in a table

I would like to create a table of headings within a Word 2003 document. This
is in addition to my normal table of contents. The first table column needs
to have the heading number and heading text. I also need the table to
contain several additional columns for other info that I will add.

I tried making column 1 contain cross refrences to the desired headings but
I could not get the heading number and heading text to appear (I only got one
or the other)

Even if I manually insert 2 cross references (one for heading number and one
for heading text), the heading text does not update when I change it - even
after forcing an update.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Insert a second table of contents, then select it and use Ctrl+Shift+F9 to
convert it to text, then convert it to a table and add the additional
columns that you desire.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

Headings in a table evab Tables 2 June 12th 08 07:02 AM
headings within a table (combine outline view with table structure Henk Koning[_2_] Tables 5 October 26th 07 03:41 PM
Headings in a table hmm Page Layout 1 September 11th 06 08:02 PM
Table Headings mike New Users 1 December 14th 05 06:10 PM
Table Headings chris_g Tables 4 July 19th 05 08:10 AM