Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BarbaraB BarbaraB is offline

Default Mark Citation Dialog Box - Alt+Shift+I doesn't work as expected

Hello there, I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem, as I am baffled.

In Word, when I select a citation and press Alt+Shift+I, I expect to see the
Mark Citation dialog box appear. Instead, Word simply marks my text - no
dialog box, as shown below (the text within the {} brackets is hidden, as
expected):

Citation text{ TA \l "Citation text" \s "Citation text" \c 1 }

I have checked and double-checked the keyboard shortcuts in my Normal.dot
and MarkCitation is indeed set to Alt+Shift+I. So why does it simply mark it
and not display the dialog box for me to change options, e.g., the type of
cite - statute, case, etc.? Any ideas? If it IS assigned to the wrong
command (MarkCitation), I'm unsure of what command should be assigned to
Alt+Shift+I (I cannot seem to find a MarkCitation..., or other command that
would imply a dialog box).

Thanks for any advice!

Barbara
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you start Word in Safe mode (hold Ctrl as you start the application),
then does the shortcut work properly?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BarbaraB" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BarbaraB BarbaraB is offline

Default Mark Citation Dialog Box - Alt+Shift+I doesn't work as expecte

Yes, in Safe mode, it works as it should, bringing up the dialog box. Any
idea of what could be preventing it from working properly?

"BarbaraB" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The fact that the command works in Safe mode suggests that the issue is
caused by a macro in normal.dot (or normal.dotm in Word 2007) or in an
add-in. Have you installed something recently?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BarbaraB" wrote in message
[...]

shift key unwanted dialog box whiskeyecho Microsoft Word Help 7 June 11th 09 07:05 PM
Delete does not work in the Mark Citation dialog box creating a TO bert_lady Microsoft Word Help 0 February 26th 09 03:11 PM
mark citation mary Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 08 12:43 PM
Left margin for envelopes doesn't work as expected Bengt Nilsson, Staffanstorp, Sweden Microsoft Word Help 0 June 15th 06 10:17 AM
Mark Entry Index Dialog box does not appear with "alt+shift+x" Strategist Microsoft Word Help 2 October 4th 05 06:25 PM