Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
donna donna is offline

Default How do I keep extra rows from appearing when hitting tab?

I added a table to a word document so when changing entries it would be
easier. When I get to last row, if I hit tab, it adds another row, which I
don't want. How do I keep that from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:02:01 -0800, Donna
wrote:

I added a table to a word document so when changing entries it would be
easier. When I get to last row, if I hit tab, it adds another row, which I
don't want. How do I keep that from happening?

It would be possible to write a macro to stop that behavior, but it
means you'd never again be able to add rows to any table by tabbing in
the last cell. To me that seems like a cure that's worse than the
disease.

First, pay more attention and don't press the Tab key when you're in
the last cell of the last row. If you forget and get an unwanted new
row, immediately press Ctrl+Z (or click the Undo button) and the row
will disappear.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman