Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kingedward kingedward is offline

Default Word 2007 embedded Excel table problem

I've a user working with embedded Excel tables in Word 2007. This is a
document on a file share, and used by others. In the case of this user, about
a week ago the embedded Excel objects stopped displaying in the document,
instead a placeholder "Embed.Excel" is displayed (or something similar). If
he switches to Reading Pane mode, the Excel tables are displayed. I've tried
an Office repair and re-install, with no change. I don't see any settings to
control the display or embedded objects (other than options for when they are
Inserted).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what the user is
seeing) to field results.

http://word.mvps.org