Tpeila

Default Cut/Paste Function is Protected Document

I our office we use a Word Form where the whole things is protected. Our
employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is this possible?
From what I am reading I am not sure if it is or not. Thnaks, Tanya
Bill in Indy

You should be able to select, then copy, then paste into a new document. You
can not paste onto a protected document. You can however, select the whole
document, paste it into a new doc and then you can do what you want with the
new doc you just made.

"Tpeila" wrote:

I our office we use a Word Form where the whole things is protected. Our
employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is this possible?
From what I am reading I am not sure if it is or not. Thnaks, Tanya

Bill in Indy

So you have a "password protected" item? If so, try these
passwords......password, god, love, admin, guest, test, go, stop, qwerty, .,
These are some common ones. Have you tried going into the menu bar "tools"
and looking at "unprotect" ?

"Tpeila" wrote:

I our office we use a Word Form where the whole things is protected. Our
employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is this possible?
From what I am reading I am not sure if it is or not. Thnaks, Tanya

Tpeila

I think I threw you way off now. The document is protected, that is how we
wnat it to stay. the doument is made of form fields and we want the ability
to cope from one field and paste into another field in the same document
instead of having to re-type it, Does that make sense?

"Tpeila" wrote:

I our office we use a Word Form where the whole things is protected. Our
employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is this possible?
From what I am reading I am not sure if it is or not. Thnaks, Tanya

Tpeila

It is protected and in a locked document. They can only make changes in the
fields we have provided for them to fill in. Sorry I think I am explaining
this poorly and probably have done it incorrectly in the first place. Tanya

"Tpeila" wrote:

I our office we use a Word Form where the whole things is protected. Our
employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is this possible?
From what I am reading I am not sure if it is or not. Thnaks, Tanya

No, this is not possible in a protected form.

"Tpeila" wrote in message
I our office we use a Word Form where the whole things is protected. Our
employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is this

possible?
From what I am reading I am not sure if it is or not. Thnaks, Tanya

Beth Melton

Your question makes perfect sense, Tanya. :-)

Yes, you can copy/paste between form fields in a protected document.
Is there a specific issue you are encountering in which you are unable
to copy/paste between form fields?

What I'm wondering is if you are wanting to repeat form field data in
other form fields. If that's the case then this can be easily
accomplished without the need to copy/paste. If that's what you are
looking for let us know and we can help point you in the right
direction. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Tpeila" wrote in message
I our office we use a Word Form where the whole things is protected.
Our
employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is this
possible?
From what I am reading I am not sure if it is or not. Thnaks, Tanya

Beth Melton

I'd say that's exactly what she needs to do. After all, she stated her
question three times in this thread:

"Our employees want to copy and paste from one field to another. Is
this possible? "

"I guess I should have specificed we are trying to copy from one field
to another in the same protected document."

"we want the ability to cope from one field and paste into another
field in the same document instead of having to re-type it"

How should she have made it any clearer??

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/