PTN

Default Table of Authorities

When I create a "table of authorities", I access the "Mark Citation" window
and select the citation which becomes the "selected text" or long version,
and then I identify the category such as "cases", and edit the "short
citation" field. I then click "mark all". The citation is then marked - both
long and short forms. My problem is that the switches are not consistent
which means some are marked with /6 and others with /1, etc. When the table
is formed, these switches make a difference in the organization of the table.

Why don't my switches stay consistent in all the citations marked?

Charles Kenyon

Version of Word?

In my experience, if I set the options the same, I get the same switches.

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/complex_documents.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"PTN" wrote in message
When I create a "table of authorities", I access the "Mark Citation"
window
and select the citation which becomes the "selected text" or long version,
and then I identify the category such as "cases", and edit the "short
citation" field. I then click "mark all". The citation is then marked -
both
long and short forms. My problem is that the switches are not consistent
which means some are marked with /6 and others with /1, etc. When the
table
is formed, these switches make a difference in the organization of the
table.

Why don't my switches stay consistent in all the citations marked?

PTN

Thanks. I am going to work through the links that you sent. I suspect it is a
matter of the sequence in which I am doing the citations. I'll let you know
if I find the answer. PTN