gilbertaue

Default Table formatting in Word 2003

How to format a whole column - but only one, not the whole table - for
decimals (2)? The top cell shpuld be centered but the following cells in the
very same column should be decimals. Thank you.
Luc

Gilbertaue,
The only way to achieve this is (I think) to insert formfields in your
cells. Then you can set your 2 decimals.
If it is a matter of aligning numbers with decimals then you can use a
decimal tab in the cells. Just select them and click on the exact position
in the ruler, no need to tab to the position itself, Word will automatically
apply the decimal tab.
Luc
"gilbertaue" schreef in bericht
How to format a whole column - but only one, not the whole table - for
decimals (2)? The top cell shpuld be centered but the following cells in
the
very same column should be decimals. Thank you.

gilbertaue

Thank you, it is a question of alignment. The problem: I am able to set the
decimal tab. But as soon as I try to set a centre formatting in the header
cell, the whole column behaves strangely, part of the entered decimal values
are vanishing and the decimal tab is set in ALL columns. Any suggestions,
please?

"Luc" wrote:

Gilbertaue,
The only way to achieve this is (I think) to insert formfields in your
cells. Then you can set your 2 decimals.
If it is a matter of aligning numbers with decimals then you can use a
decimal tab in the cells. Just select them and click on the exact position
in the ruler, no need to tab to the position itself, Word will automatically
apply the decimal tab.
Luc
"gilbertaue" schreef in bericht
How to format a whole column - but only one, not the whole table - for
decimals (2)? The top cell shpuld be centered but the following cells in
the
very same column should be decimals. Thank you.

Luc

Gilbertaue,
Oh I see, maybe the normal style is updating automatically. Try this click
in the paragraph just beneath your table, activate the styles and formatting
task pane, click on the arrow next to the normal style, choose change, see
way down under if there is a check against update automatically and remove
if if so.
Now try again, does it work now?

"Luc" wrote:

Gilbertaue,
The only way to achieve this is (I think) to insert formfields in your
cells. Then you can set your 2 decimals.
If it is a matter of aligning numbers with decimals then you can use a
decimal tab in the cells. Just select them and click on the exact
position
in the ruler, no need to tab to the position itself, Word will
automatically
apply the decimal tab.
Luc
"gilbertaue" schreef in bericht
How to format a whole column - but only one, not the whole table - for
decimals (2)? The top cell shpuld be centered but the following cells
in
the
very same column should be decimals. Thank you.

gilbertaue

Thank you. Yes and no
1) Yes, it aligns properly, but still ALL columns are decimal aligned; but I
can remove the decimal alignment in these columns where I don't need it, BUT
I have to do it cell by cell.
2) No, I still cannot centre align the header cell: Text is vanishing when I
try to do it; clicking a second time on the centre alignment symbol will
bring back text - but in decimal align.

WordPerfect is in this instance easier. Regards
Aue

"Luc" wrote:

Gilbertaue,
The only way to achieve this is (I think) to insert formfields in your
cells. Then you can set your 2 decimals.
If it is a matter of aligning numbers with decimals then you can use a
decimal tab in the cells. Just select them and click on the exact
position
in the ruler, no need to tab to the position itself, Word will
automatically
apply the decimal tab.
Luc
"gilbertaue" schreef in bericht
How to format a whole column - but only one, not the whole table - for
decimals (2)? The top cell shpuld be centered but the following cells
in
the
very same column should be decimals. Thank you.

Luc

Gelbertaue,
As Suzanne already explained, you cannot have both a decimal tab and center
align in the same cell, Word will only apply the centering.
Usually you can eliminate the decimal tab by selecting the columns/cells and
hitting ctrl+q.

"Luc" wrote:

Gilbertaue,
The only way to achieve this is (I think) to insert formfields in your
cells. Then you can set your 2 decimals.
If it is a matter of aligning numbers with decimals then you can use a
decimal tab in the cells. Just select them and click on the exact
position
in the ruler, no need to tab to the position itself, Word will
automatically
apply the decimal tab.
Luc
"gilbertaue" schreef in bericht
How to format a whole column - but only one, not the whole table -
for
decimals (2)? The top cell shpuld be centered but the following
cells
in
the
very same column should be decimals. Thank you.

Word 2003 changes formattings of para styles in table DaveAS Tables 2 September 19th 05 02:16 PM
Word 2003 Table XSL Muhammad Amjad Microsoft Word Help 0 September 13th 05 06:20 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM