Cath

Default page numbers

Hi,
Is it possible to have a document double sided, with different headers and
footers on even and odd pages, but have the page numbering only pick up the
pages on the right hand page. The left hand page, not numbered at all. I
don't know if it is possible. But if it is I'd like to do it.
Thanks
Greg Maxey

By right hand page I assume that you mean the odd numbered pages.

If you want odd numbered pages numbered 1, 3, 5, etc. then display the
header and footer toolbar. Click the Page Setup icon and the layout tab.
Check different odd and even headers. Put your cursor an odd page header
and insert the page number.

If you want consecutively number every other page follow the method above,
but put the following field code in the odd page header:

{ = ( { PAGE } + 1 ) / 2 }

The field code braces { } must be entered with CTRL+F9

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support