Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rose

Default Odd thing with a frame

I have someone who was working on a document in Word 2003. She has a frame
with the title of the document inside and some other stuff. There is a
border on top and bottom and a few blank lines. Yesterday she was trying to
delete some of the blank lines and it would not do it. I'm not sure what
she did but next thing you know, there are what I believe to be several
bottom borders in this frame. She called the whole thing a table and said
that it was cells that showed up. It's hard to explain. I can't get in to
reproduce in Word 2000. I tried to get it to reproduce itself in her
program and it did. I couldn't tell you what I did though. But I know I've
seen this before but I'm not sure which version it was in.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, if it's a table, it's not a frame, though it could be in a frame. I
suspect she needs to delete table rows. It will help to display the table
gridlines (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see what you're working with.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm

"Rose" wrote in message
I have someone who was working on a document in Word 2003. She has a

frame
with the title of the document inside and some other stuff. There is a
border on top and bottom and a few blank lines. Yesterday she was trying

delete some of the blank lines and it would not do it. I'm not sure what
she did but next thing you know, there are what I believe to be several
bottom borders in this frame. She called the whole thing a table and said
that it was cells that showed up. It's hard to explain. I can't get in

reproduce in Word 2000. I tried to get it to reproduce itself in her
program and it did. I couldn't tell you what I did though. But I know

I've
seen this before but I'm not sure which version it was in.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rose

The option isn't there so I assume it's not a table. Which I pretty much
figured. I figured it was just a frame since I get the anchor on the side
when I select it and get the option to format frame from that. So she's
somehow multiplying the bottom border and other lines would not delete. Any
ideas?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, if it's a table, it's not a frame, though it could be in a frame. I
suspect she needs to delete table rows. It will help to display the table
gridlines (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see what you're working
with.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Rose" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps the border is being applied to paragraphs within the frame?
Selecting all the text and pressing Ctrl+Q will probably remove the borders
and most likely the frame as well.

"Rose" wrote in message
The option isn't there so I assume it's not a table. Which I pretty much
figured. I figured it was just a frame since I get the anchor on the side
when I select it and get the option to format frame from that. So she's
somehow multiplying the bottom border and other lines would not delete.

Any
ideas?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, if it's a table, it's not a frame, though it could be in a frame.

suspect she needs to delete table rows. It will help to display the

table
gridlines (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see what you're working
with.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm

newsgroup
so