Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scottm1130

Default can I track changes using different colors

I have a single large document - several reviewers are providing edits that
cannot be segregated by section or chapter. I have been unable to
incorporate multiple different edits into the master document via "cut and
paste" (the deletions don;t carry across), but am wondering if I can
segregate the revisions by color in my master document even though it has
only one reviewer - me. Version is 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Scott:

Most users of Word 2003 have enabled "Remove personally identifiable
information from document on Save". If they have, the user names have been
removed from the document, so the information you need to automatically
segregate changes by colour is not there.

If you turn that setting off, each reviewer's change will be colour coded,
provided the users make their changes in the same document file. But that's
not the way you're working.

To paste tracked changes in a document, you need to ensure that Track
Changes is turned OFF in the destination document. If it is, the insertions
and deletions will paste as tracked changes.

They will paste with the same colour because there's only one username in
the document: yours. You will have to colour them manually.

Cheers

On 1/4/06 1:23 PM, in article
, "scottm1130"
wrote:

I have a single large document - several reviewers are providing edits that
cannot be segregated by section or chapter. I have been unable to
incorporate multiple different edits into the master document via "cut and
paste" (the deletions don;t carry across), but am wondering if I can
segregate the revisions by color in my master document even though it has
only one reviewer - me. Version is 2003.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410