Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WWISE

Default How do I reset the default tab settings on a Word document?

When I open a new document in Word there is a hanging indent and my right and
left tabs are only a few characters apart. How do I change this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If, in a newly created document, pressing Ctrl+Q fixes the problem,
just open the Normal template as a document and Ctrl+Q there too. Save
and close the template.

If Ctrl+Q does not fix the problem, you have to modify the style
applied at the insertion point, to have the settings you want. Again,
perform this modification in normal.dot, save and close it.

For more about changing normal.dot, see:

How to change the default settings for Word documents
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WWISE" wrote in message
news
When I open a new document in Word there is a hanging indent and my
right and
left tabs are only a few characters apart. How do I change this?

Macro for Letter Settings Help Renee Cabets New Users 7 May 25th 06 10:50 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM