Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
homer69 homer69 is offline

Default how do I print a page displaying all files within a folder

I have tried on several occasions to print the file names (not the contents
of the files) of all the files I have within a particular folder. I am
unable to find a way to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gotta question gotta question is offline

have the folder open via windows explorer or 'my computer', and showing the
list of files (or icons). Hold down the 'alt' key, and hit the 'Print Scrn'
key. Open word, go edit...paste, and you should see a picture of the folder's
contents. (It's a screen shot).

"homer69" wrote:

I have tried on several occasions to print the file names (not the contents
of the files) of all the files I have within a particular folder. I am
unable to find a way to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can try the procedures listed at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm, although it appears
the Outlook method doesn't work with Outlook 2003.

Instead, you can use the macro at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tFileNames.htm to put the file
names into a document, and then print the document. If necessary, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

homer69 wrote:
I have tried on several occasions to print the file names (not the
contents of the files) of all the files I have within a particular
folder. I am unable to find a way to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
renee renee is offline

Here's how I do it:

Start-Run
cmd (hit enter)
In the command prompt window, change to the directory you want to be in
At the prompt, type "dir /b /on files.txt" (without the quotes) and hit
enter
type exit and hit enter
Now go to your directory and you'll find "files.txt" which you can open in
Word or Notepad and print out

"homer69" wrote:

I have tried on several occasions to print the file names (not the contents
of the files) of all the files I have within a particular folder. I am
unable to find a way to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CrystalGuru CrystalGuru is offline

You can also use Crystal Reports - a report writing tool. I've done
this on MANY occassions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition, see the Printfolders utility at
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
You can try the procedures listed at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm, although it

appears
the Outlook method doesn't work with Outlook 2003.

Instead, you can use the macro at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tFileNames.htm to put the

file
names into a document, and then print the document. If necessary, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

so
all may benefit.

homer69 wrote:
I have tried on several occasions to print the file names (not the
contents of the files) of all the files I have within a particular
folder. I am unable to find a way to do this.

PRINT A LIST OF FILES IN A FOLDER Pat Microsoft Word Help 13 August 7th 07 02:30 AM
page number does not appear xppuser Page Layout 6 October 14th 06 09:28 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Extra Page In Print Preview Kathleen Microsoft Word Help 3 December 14th 05 11:12 AM
Print a list of files within a folder PCW Microsoft Word Help 1 March 18th 05 01:21 AM