Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kiwijanet818 kiwijanet818 is offline

Default How do I delete email address history in Outlook?

I do not use auto-complete, it has been disabled. Yet when I type in any
letter in the 'To' box, a whole list of email addresses that I've used
anytime in the past two years appears. I don't want any names to appear.
Please help me. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can delete them from that list. Just tap the delete key when the list
appears, and the highlighted address will disappear. Keep deleting until the
list is empty.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"kiwijanet818" wrote in message
I do not use auto-complete, it has been disabled. Yet when I type in any
letter in the 'To' box, a whole list of email addresses that I've used
anytime in the past two years appears. I don't want any names to appear.
Please help me. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kiwijanet818 kiwijanet818 is offline

Ah, Marvelous! I really appreciate your quick reply. Many thanks, Herb. I
certainly wasn't able to get the answer with MS Help. Janet

"kiwijanet818" wrote:

I do not use auto-complete, it has been disabled. Yet when I type in any
letter in the 'To' box, a whole list of email addresses that I've used
anytime in the past two years appears. I don't want any names to appear.
Please help me. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When I discovered this a few years back, it really improved the
functionality of AutoComplete for me, since it let me zap email address I
didn't want being AutoProffered. Prior to that, an email to my wife had
AutoCompleted to an entirely different woman with the same first name (whom
I'd emailed earlier that day on a different subject). Needless to say, it
wasn't fun explaining the baffling [to her] subject matter and why I'd
signed it "Love, Herb." :-)