Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] steve000001@googlemail.com is offline

Default How to keep a table with preceding text

When I'm using a table that has a cell longer than the space left on a
page, it doesn't break the table across the page but inserts a page
break and begins the table on the next page, leaving a horrible empty
space.

The "allow row to break across pages" check box works for succeeding
pages, but makes no difference to the first.

Is there any way around this? Or do I have to resort to some time
consuming cludge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Is the setting "Keep with next" in Format Paragraph Line and Page Breaks
tab turned on for the text in the row in question? This could result in the
situation you describe.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg