Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CALI CALI is offline

Default Split Cells with Heading w/ Numbering not right in TOC

In the first row of my table, I have a cell that was split into two rows (the
left-most cell). To the right of that I have a cell that has Heading 1.
When I don't have Outline Numbering turned on for my Heading 1 style, the TOC
builds fine. When I turn on Outline Numbering for Heading 1, each occurance
of the heading gets two entries in the TOC - one is correct, the other is
just 1.....#, the number one, the dot leader, and the page number. EVERY
entry in the TOC has the extra entry, all numbered 1. I think I get why the
issue - it passes through the cell twice when building the TOC, once when it
passes through the first row from my split cell, and once when it passes
through the second row from my slit cell. So, how do I make it build the TOC
without that duplicate 1...# entry?
--
Cali Lang
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Can you reproduce this issue in a new document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cali" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is the Heading 1 paragraph style applied to any (seemingly) empty cells or
blank paragraphs?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cali" wrote in message
It seems that yes I can.
--
Cali Lang

"Cali" wrote in message
[...]

Keeping split cells together across page breaks [email protected] Tables 1 March 6th 07 11:03 AM
Borders in split cells KyleW Microsoft Word Help 3 January 19th 07 05:23 PM
Split cells JenK Tables 4 August 8th 06 04:27 PM
How do I split a row of cells? Akrodon Tables 1 October 28th 05 04:49 PM
Sorting table by a field with split cells joodles Tables 1 July 1st 05 04:20 PM