Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken Ken is offline

Default How do I view a booklet the way it will appear on paper?

When I use the print layout in Word, I see the pages in the order that they
will appear after I've folded and stapled the document. What I want to see
is the printed page before I fold and staple it. My objective is to place a
full page image in the center folded page, but I can't see that whole page
inside Word. The main point is to adjust the image so that I can put text
above it and below it, but the software splits those (two pages?) onto
separate rows.

Think 12 page document using 3 pieces of paper. Pages 6 and 7 are the
center of the booklet.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You should be able to see those facing pages in Print Preview because they
are consecutive. If you have 1x2 pages displayed, these will be the 2. And
you can edit in Print Preview if you turn off the Magnifier.

"Ken" wrote in message
When I use the print layout in Word, I see the pages in the order that

they
will appear after I've folded and stapled the document. What I want to

see
is the printed page before I fold and staple it. My objective is to place

full page image in the center folded page, but I can't see that whole page
inside Word. The main point is to adjust the image so that I can put text
above it and below it, but the software splits those (two pages?) onto
separate rows.

Think 12 page document using 3 pieces of paper. Pages 6 and 7 are the
center of the booklet.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken Ken is offline

I need to edit the content of pages 6 and 7 on the same screen at the same
time side by side. 6 is an even numbered page and appears on the screen
right next to 5. 7 is an odd numbered page and appears on the screen right
next to 8. When I view four pages on the screen, upper left is 5, upper
right is 6, lower left is 7 and lower right is 8.

I need Word to display 6 and 7 together so that I can view and edit the
content as if it were a single page (the way it prints out). Print preview
does not allow me to edit the content.

"Ken" wrote in message
When I use the print layout in Word, I see the pages in the order that

they
will appear after I've folded and stapled the document. What I want to

see
is the printed page before I fold and staple it. My objective is to place

full page image in the center folded page, but I can't see that whole page
inside Word. The main point is to adjust the image so that I can put text
above it and below it, but the software splits those (two pages?) onto
separate rows.

Think 12 page document using 3 pieces of paper. Pages 6 and 7 are the
center of the booklet.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word will display facing pages in Print Preview (not Print Layout view)
provided you have either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even"
selected; "Mirror margins" is enabled by default when you choose "Book
fold."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You should be able to see those facing pages in Print Preview because

they
are consecutive. If you have 1x2 pages displayed, these will be the 2.

And
you can edit in Print Preview if you turn off the Magnifier.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.