Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
don don is offline

Default Sorting table issues -- won't sort

Brand new PC, lots of HD (140g+) and 2G memory. I can't sort a table I used
to sort with my old PC. My partner's PC is like my old one and he can sort
the table with no problem.

Suggestions?
--
dwb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Does the table have multiple heading rows set to be repeated?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Don" wrote in message
Brand new PC, lots of HD (140g+) and 2G memory. I can't sort a table I
used
to sort with my old PC. My partner's PC is like my old one and he can
sort
the table with no problem.

Suggestions?
--
dwb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
don don is offline

Single header row that does repeat. I turned off the "repeat" and tried
again and get the same error, either not enough memory or Word has encounted
an error and will close.
--
dwb

"Don" wrote:

Brand new PC, lots of HD (140g+) and 2G memory. I can't sort a table I used
to sort with my old PC. My partner's PC is like my old one and he can sort
the table with no problem.

Suggestions?
--
dwb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
don don is offline

I've isolated the problem to two columns (10 total)-- removing those, I can
sort the table. The real puzzle is that my partner can sort the table with
no problem. He uses Word 2002 and I've been upgraded to 2003. Do you think
there is an issue there?
--
dwb

"Don" wrote:

Brand new PC, lots of HD (140g+) and 2G memory. I can't sort a table I
used
to sort with my old PC. My partner's PC is like my old one and he can
sort
the table with no problem.

Suggestions?
--
dwb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
don don is offline

I was hoping you may have heard of some 2002 -2003 incompatibility issues and
perhaps a fix or patch. Obviously I discovered issues with the table and
hadn't noticed you standing over my shoulder.
--
dwb

"Don" wrote:

Brand new PC, lots of HD (140g+) and 2G memory. I can't sort a table
used
to sort with my old PC. My partner's PC is like my old one and he can
sort
the table with no problem.

Suggestions?
--
dwb

Sort text in table - ascending results drop to bottom of table! Hanging out Microsoft Word Help 1 August 10th 06 10:32 PM
sorting text in table kikilein Tables 1 July 17th 06 09:22 AM
sorting text in a table Madame D Tables 1 November 7th 05 05:49 PM
Table Sort - Sort only 3 of 4 columns KGlennC Microsoft Word Help 2 February 26th 05 04:20 PM
Table Sorting Melissa needing help!! Tables 3 February 15th 05 02:27 AM