Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Atreides Atreides is offline

Default Changing column widths independently

(Here is a question that I managed to answer myself and I thought others
might find helpful)

How do I change the widths of columns indendently? E.g., how can I increase
the width of column 1 without the width of column 2 automatically decreasing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Atreides Atreides is offline

Instead of clicking and dragging on the column border that you want to
resize, shift-click and drag on the column border. This will keep all other
columns the same size (and hence make the table size bigger) as you vary the
width of the column you want to change.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There are several different ways to size columns relative to each other,
and, just to make it more confusing, the keys use for them are just about
opposite when you are dragging the column markers on the ruler from when you
are dragging the column boundaries themselves. All this is detailed in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm

"Atreides" atreides1AThotmailD0Tcom wrote in message
Instead of clicking and dragging on the column border that you want to
resize, shift-click and drag on the column border. This will keep all

other
columns the same size (and hence make the table size bigger) as you vary

the
width of the column you want to change.

Table and column widths Mary Ann Tables 0 October 29th 07 05:26 PM
Table column widths Biddy Tables 7 August 28th 07 11:49 AM
Word is changing my column widths JDGuin Tables 2 March 3rd 06 06:51 AM
Table column widths DanB Tables 5 June 23rd 05 11:37 AM
Column widths nanner130 Tables 1 March 2nd 05 03:47 PM