Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MM MM is offline

Default table heading rows repeat with a header2

I have 2 different headers. The second header is started with a section page
break. When I do this, I am unable to have the table heading rows repeat
which is on page 1. Is there another way around it to have the table heading
rows repeat with a section break and a header2?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A given section can have up to three different headers (First Page, Even
Page, Odd Page), so that might help (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for more). And if you
eliminate the section break that way but still need a page break, you can
insert one without splitting the table by formatting the first row you want
on the second page as "Page break before" (Format | Paragraph | Line and
Page Breaks).

"mm" wrote in message
I have 2 different headers. The second header is started with a section

page
break. When I do this, I am unable to have the table heading rows repeat
which is on page 1. Is there another way around it to have the table

heading
rows repeat with a section break and a header2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MM MM is offline

Thanks for your suggestion. I did learn something new; however, it does not
apply to a table situation. I created a table on page 1 with header1. The
table is 3 pages long. I had to insert a section break at the end of page 2
so that I can create a seoncd header at the top of page 2. When I created the
section break, the heading rows from the table on page 1 did not get
repeated. Is there a way to repeat the table heading rows from page 1 to the
rest of the pages after a section break?

"mm" wrote in message
I have 2 different headers. The second header is started with a section

page
break. When I do this, I am unable to have the table heading rows repeat
which is on page 1. Is there another way around it to have the table

heading
rows repeat with a section break and a header2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

No, you *don't* have to insert a section break to get a new header. If the
table is just three pages long, insert a section break before the table.
Format the section as "Different first page." Put the header for the first
page of the table in the First Page Header of that section. Put the header
for the subsequent pages in the Header. If you need a different header for
every page of the table, then check "Different odd and even" as well and use
the Even Page Header and Odd Page Header. Be aware, however, that "Different
odd and even" will apply to the entire document ("Different first page" can
be enabled for a single section or specific sections).

There is no way to make a heading row repeat over a section break; there
*is*, however, as I pointed out, a way to make them repeat over a page
break.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A given section can have up to three different headers (First Page, Even
Page, Odd Page), so that might help (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for more). And if

you
eliminate the section break that way but still need a page break, you

can
insert one without splitting the table by formatting the first row you

want
on the second page as "Page break before" (Format | Paragraph | Line and
Page Breaks).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"mm" wrote in message
I have 2 different headers. The second header is started with a

section
page
break. When I do this, I am unable to have the table heading rows

repeat
which is on page 1. Is there another way around it to have the table

heading
rows repeat with a section break and a header2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Wilson DD Wilson DD is offline

Your solution does not work with my problem. I have one "header" that
repeats on every page. I have several tables in the document and each has a
unique "heading." I cannot get the heading to repeat on any but the first
table. I am not adding page breaks anywhere but between each table (not
within a table). Can you help me get the table headings to repeat in each
table? Thanks for your help.

"mm" wrote in message
I have 2 different headers. The second header is started with a

section
page
break. When I do this, I am unable to have the table heading rows

repeat
which is on page 1. Is there another way around it to have the table
heading
rows repeat with a section break and a header2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are you sure that the tables are actually separate, that none are wrapped,
that you have marked the first row of each as a heading row?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so