Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DKrout DKrout is offline

Default Why does my header/footer info change when I change text on the pa

I'm creating a document template to create procedures in my office so that
the header/footer of every document is the same (with exception of the
specific document info like title, number, etc). Once I have the
header/footer information created it changes every time I enter/change text
on the page. For example if I change the settings to center the text on the
page all of the data in the header/footer is changed to centered. If I
change the text to bold all the data in the header/footer is changed to bold.
Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DKrout DKrout is offline

Never mind. I found an earlier post that explained the problem with the
'Automatically Update' setting on the 'styles and formatting' pane. Thanks
anyway.

"DKrout" wrote:

I'm creating a document template to create procedures in my office so that
the header/footer of every document is the same (with exception of the
specific document info like title, number, etc). Once I have the
header/footer information created it changes every time I enter/change text
on the page. For example if I change the settings to center the text on the
page all of the data in the header/footer is changed to centered. If I
change the text to bold all the data in the header/footer is changed to bold.
Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might want to decouple your Header style from whatever it may have
been based on anyway -- in the Styles & Formatting panel, rightclick
on the name of the style, choose Modify, and near the top of the
panel, delete whatever is in the box "Based on." Then if you find
Automatically Update useful for other purposes, it won't mess with
your headers.