Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maree Gray Maree Gray is offline

Default Changing .doc to .dot makes file size bigger, why?

I need to save documents as .dot files for use on an intranet site, but file
size seems to change unreasonably.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWFyZWUgR3JheQ==?=,

I need to save documents as .dot files for use on an intranet site, but file
size seems to change unreasonably.

Version of Word?

What kinds of file size differences are you seeing?

Are you adding anything to these as you're saving them as *.dot files?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)