Mimi

Default How to create a specific style?

Is it possible to create a style in Word 2002 that will allow me to use a
list style as well as bold the first word of the list without having to apply
bold manually to each first word? Here's an example;
I would like to make Network, Business, Workplace bold.
i) Network - system, arrangement, group.
ii) Business €“ commerce, trade, industry.
iii) Workplace €“ office, agency, bureau.

Please let me know...Thanks in advance for your assistance and help.

You can't create a style to do this, but you may be able to achieve this in
another way. I haven't tested it extensively, but reportedly this is what
the "Format beginning of list item like the one before it" check box in
Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type does.

"Mimi" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a style in Word 2002 that will allow me to use a
list style as well as bold the first word of the list without having to

apply
bold manually to each first word? Here's an example;
I would like to make Network, Business, Workplace bold.
i) Network - system, arrangement, group.
ii) Business €“ commerce, trade, industry.
iii) Workplace €“ office, agency, bureau.

Please let me know...Thanks in advance for your assistance and help.

Mimi

Hi Suzanne,
I tried what you suggested and it works superb although I was hoping to set
up a custom style that would enable me to do so.
Thanks for your response.